Removal & Installation
- Disarm the air bag system, refer to the Air Bag section of this manual
- Remove the upper steering column shroud.
- Pull down the lower steering column shroud enough to access the lock cylinder retaining tab.
- Turn the ignition key to the RUN position.
Insert a small prying tool into the tab access hole and depress the tab.
- Pull the ignition lock cylinder from the steering column.
With the ignition key in the lock cylinder, turn the key to the
position. Depress the lock cylinder retaining tab.
- The shaft at the end of the ignition lock cylinder lines up to the socket at the end of the lock cylinder housing. The socket must be in the RUN position for the socket and lock cylinder to line up.
- Line up the lock cylinder to the grooves in the lock cylinder housing. Insert the ignition lock cylinder into the housing until the retaining tab sticks through the opening in the housing.
- Lightly pull on the ignition lock to make sure it has engaged the retaining tab.
- Turn the key to the OFF position. Remove the ignition key.
- Install the steering column covers.
- Arm the air bag system, refer to the Air Bag section of this manual.