Removal & Installation
- Disarm the air bag system, refer to the Air Bag section of this manual.
- Remove the left end instrument panel cover/fuse panel and remove the retaining screw holding the end of the instrument panel top cover.
- Remove the instrument panel center bezel.
- Remove the screws that secure the instrument panel top cover to the center of the instrument panel.
- Lift the instrument panel top cover enough to gain access to the knee bolster attaching screws.
- Remove the lower knee bolster attaching screws and knee bolster from the vehicle.
- Remove the lower steering column cover attaching screws. Pull down on the lower cover to clear the ignition key cylinder and key release (if equipped).
- Remove the lower steering column cover, sliding the cover forward while holding down the steering wheel tilt lever.
- Tilt the steering wheel down to the fully lowered position and remove the upper steering column cover.
- Remove the screws that hold the combination switch to the ignition lock housing.
- Place the ignition lock cylinder in the RUN position.
- Insert a small prying tool into the hole in the lower cover and depress the cylinder release tab.
Remove the ignition lock cylinder from the steering column.
- Unfasten the electrical connectors from the switch.
- Using a No. 10 Torx® bit, remove the ignition switch mounting screw.
- Depress the retaining tabs and remove the switch.
- Place the ignition switch in the RUN position. Be sure the actuator shaft in the lock housing is also in the RUN position.
- Install the switch, making sure the switch snaps over the retaining tabs.
Install the retaining screw.
- Connect the wiring to the ignition switch.
- Install the ignition lock cylinder.
- Install the 2 combination switch mounting screws.
- Install the lower and upper shrouds.
- Install the knee bolster to the lower dashboard panel and tighten the lower knee bolster attaching screws.
- Install the screws that secure the instrument panel top cover to the center of the instrument panel.
- Install the instrument panel center bezel.
- Install and tighten the screw holding the end of the instrument panel top cover. Install the left side instrument panel/fuse panel cover.
- Arm the air bag system, refer to the Air Bag section of this manual. Check for proper ignition switch and key-in warning switch operation.