Removal & Installation
- Raise vehicle on jackstands or centered on a frame contact type hoist.
- Remove the both rear wheel and tire assemblies from the vehicle.
- From each side of the vehicle, remove the nut attaching the stabilizer bar attaching link/isolator bushings to the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the 4 bolts attaching the stabilizer bar bushing clamps to the rear suspension crossmember.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar to crossmember bushing clamps and bushings from the stabilizer bar.
Remove the stabilizer bar from vehicle. Stabilizer bar will come out of vehicle between the exhaust pipe and the rear suspension crossmember.
- Install the stabilizer bar back in vehicle with the bushings removed using the reverse sequence of removal.
- When stabilizer bar is installed in vehicle, it must be installed with the bend in the end of the stabilizer bar positioned up in vehicle when viewed from the side.
Install the stabilizer bar onto the stabilizer bar to forward lateral link attaching links. Install the stabilizer bar to attaching link bushings on attaching links. Tighten the bushing retaining nuts to:
- Cirrus and Breeze: 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm)
- 2001-03 Models: 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm)
- 2004-05 Models: 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm)
- Loosely Install the stabilizer bar bushing clamps on the rear suspension crossmember.
- Position the stabilizer bar so it is centered in the vehicle and does not contact other suspension components or vehicle body.
Tighten the bolts attaching the stabilizer bar bushing clamps to the rear crossmember to:
- Breeze and Cirrus: 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm)
- Sebring, Stratus and Sebring Convertible: 19 ft. lbs. (27 Nm)
Install the wheel and tire assembly on vehicle. Tighten the wheel mounting stud nuts in proper sequence until all nuts are torqued to half specification. Then repeat the tightening sequence to the full specified torque:
- Breeze and Cirrus: 95 ft. lbs. (129 Nm)
- Sebring/Stratus Sedan and Sebring Convertible: 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm)
- Lower vehicle to the ground.
Before servicing the vehicle, also refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.