Removal & Installation
These procedures cover dash mounted switches only. For steering column mounted switches, please refer to Section 8 of this manual.
In 1997, the headlamp and fog lamp switch are combined in one unit.
- Remove the instrument panel cluster trim plate, using the procedure found in this section under Instrument Cluster Removal and Installation.
- Remove the screws from the headlamp/ fog lamp combination switch.
- Remove the headlamp/fog lamp combination switch by unsnapping from the instrument panel.
- Detach the electrical connector and remove the switch from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Using a plastic flat-bladed tool as an aid if necessary, pull the rearward edge of the left side instrument panel access opening cover outboard to release the retainers.
- Release the forward edge of the left side instrument panel access opening cover from behind the hinge pillar and remove the cover.
- Remove the screws retaining the headlamp switch.
- Carefully pull the headlamp switch outboard away from the instrument panel to access the electrical connector.
- Detach the electrical connector from the headlamp switch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal process.