Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Reposition the transaxle shift lever to the LOW position.
Remove the console trim plate using the following procedure:
- Pull the trim plate upwards, starting at the front and working back to release the tabs at the retainers.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the driver's seat heater switch, if equipped.
- Remove the trim plate from the vehicle.
- Remove the rubber mat from the storage compartment in the console. Remove the screws from the storage compartment.
- Remove the screws from the console mounting bracket at the rear of the transaxle shifter lever.
- Remove the screws from the forward edge of the console.
- Detach the electrical connectors and pull the console rearward to release the tabs from the retainers in the instrument panel. Remove the console from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal process. Align the console over the transaxle shifter and position the console tabs to the retainers in the instrument panel. Press the console forward into the retainers until fully seated. Use care to align the console with the mounting brackets.
- Once the console is installed, return the transaxle shift lever to PARK. Release the parking brake.
- Connect the negative battery cable.