Removal & Installation
The stabilizer shaft (often called a sway bar) runs across the rear of the suspension and is isolated by rubber bushings.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies from both sides.
- Remove the right and left side stabilizer shaft link bolts.
- Remove the insulator brackets and the bolts from the stabilizer shaft.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft from the rear suspension support.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal process. Please note that GM specifies that the wheel toe angle should be checked and adjusted as necessary after stabilizer shaft replacement.