Removal & Installation
- Remove the strut from the vehicle using the procedures found in this section.
- Mount the strut in a strut compressor tool.
- Use the strut compressor forcing screw to compress the spring just enough to release the tension from the strut mount.
- Remove the strut shaft nut.
- Relieve the spring tension and remove the spring from the strut.
- Inspect all components for wear or damage.
- Install the rear spring lower insulator. Make sure the lower spring is visible between the step and the location mark on the insulator.
- Install the rear suspension spring and the dust shield to the lower insulator. Install the jounce bumper and strut mount.
- Use a strut compressor to compress the strut, working the strut shaft through the strut mount.
- Compress the strut and spring assembly enough to install the strut shaft nut. Torque the nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the strut into the vehicle using the procedures found in this section.