The wheel bearings in the rear wheel hubs are integrated into one unit. The hub is non-serviceable. If the bearing is considered worn our or if the hub is damaged, the complete unit must be replaced.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the rear caliper and bracket. Please see Section 9.
- Disconnect the ABS harness and detach the electrical connector.
- Remove the four rear hub-to-knuckle bolts.
- Separate the hub from the knuckle.
- Install the rear hub and bearing assembly to the knuckle and install the retaining holts. Torque to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the ABS harness and attach the electrical connector.
- Install the caliper bracket and the caliper. Please see Section 9.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.