REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the air tube clamp at the fuel charging/throttle body assembly air inlet.
- Disengage the electrical connector at the inertia switch located on the left-hand side of the luggage compartment.
- Remove the fuel cap and release the fuel tank pressure. Release the fuel system pressure by disengaging the inertia switch electrical connector, then cranking the engine for 15 seconds.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the throttle cable and transmission throttle valve lever.
- Disengage the electrical connector at the idle speed control (ISC), the throttle position (TP) sensor and the fuel injector.
- Disconnect the fuel inlet and outlet connections, and the PCV vacuum lines at the throttle body assembly.
- Remove fuel charging assembly retaining nuts, then remove the fuel charging assembly/throttle body.
- Remove the mounting gasket from the intake manifold. Always use a new gasket for installation.
- Clean the mounting surfaces, then position a new gasket on the intake manifold.
- Position the throttle body/fuel charging assembly on the intake manifold, then secure with the two retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 15-25 ft. lbs. (20-34 Nm).
- Engage the ISC, TP sensor and fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Fasten the fuel inlet and outlet connections, then connect the PCV vacuum line at the throttle body/fuel charging assembly.
- Connect the throttle cable and transaxle throttle valve lever.
- Engage the electrical connector at the inertia switch. Install the air tube and clamp at the fuel charging assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for leaks. Adjust the engine idle speed if necessary. Refer to the Engine/Emission Control Decal for idle speed specifications.
See Figure 2
- Remove the fuel injector retaining screw and retainer.
- Remove the injector and the lower O-ring. Discard the O-ring.
- Lubricate a new lower O-ring and the injector seat area with clean engine oil. Do NOT use transmission oil!
- Install the lower O-ring on the injector.
- Lubricate the upper O-ring, then clean and lubricate the throttle body O-ring seat.
- Install the injector by centering and applying a steady downward pressure with a slight rotational force.
- Install the injector and the injector retaining screw. Tighten the retaining screw to 18-22 inch lbs. (2.0-2.5 Nm).
- Disengage the electrical connector from inertia switch on the left-hand side of the luggage compartment.
- Crank the engine for 15 seconds to reduce fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the fuel supply line at the throttle body using Spring Lock Coupling Adapter D85L-9974-C or equivalent.
- Connect a fuel pressure gauge that is suitable for reading 0-60 psi (0-300 kPa) to the adapter.
- Connect the inertia switch in the luggage compartment.
- Start the engine and check for fuel system pressure, then accelerate the engine. The pressure should remain stable throughout acceleration.