REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage the switch electrical connector.
- Remove the retaining screw and hairpin clip, then remove the switch from the vehicle.
Always install the switch with the self adjusting clip about 1 in. (25mm) from the end of the rod. Be sure that the clutch pedal is in the full up position or the switch will be improperly adjusted.
- Insert the eyelet end of the rod over the pin on the clutch pedal, then secure with the retaining clip.
- Align the mounting boss with the corresponding hole in the bracket, then install the screw. Tighten the screw to 80-115 inch lbs. (9-13 Nm).
- Reset the switch by pressing the clutch pedal to the floor.
- Engage the switch electrical connector, then connect the negative battery cable.