- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the hood support rod, then use it to prop the hood in the wide-open position.
Remove the bulkhead cover:
- Put on gloves to protect hands. Take care not to scratch the front bumper and the body.
Remove the clips (A, B) by carefully pulling the front grille cover (C) up, then remove the cover by releasing the front edge of the cover from the grille (D).
NOTETo remove the clips, pry the inner clip up at the edge near the line (E) on its head.
Disconnect the fan motor connectors (A) and the hood switch connector (B), then remove the harness clips (C).
Remove the radiator upper brackets (A), then remove the front bulkhead (B).
Remove the condenser fan shroud assembly (A), then remove the radiator fan shroud assembly (B) from the condenser fan shroud side.
- Disassemble the fan shrouds, as necessary.
- Assemble the fan shrouds.
- Install the radiator fan shroud assembly (A), then install the condenser fan shroud assembly (B).
- Install the front bulkhead (A), then install the radiator upper brackets (B).
- Apply body paint to the bulkhead mounting bolts.
- Connect the fan motor connectors (A) and the hood switch connector (B), then install the harness clips (C).
Install the bulkhead cover in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones