Removal & Installation
Special tools required:
Holder handle 07JAB-001020BCrankshaft pulley holder 07AAB-RJAA100Socket, 19mm 07JAA-001020A or a commercially available 19mm socket
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts, removal & installation.
- Hold the pulley with the holder handle (A) and the holder attachment (B).
Remove the bolt with a 19mm socket (C) and breaker bar, then remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Clean the crankshaft damper pulley, crankshaft, bolt, and washer. Lubricate crankshaft damper bolt with new engine oil.
- Install the crankshaft damper pulley and hold the pulley with holder handle (A) and holder attachment (B).
- Tighten the crankshaft damper bolt to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- Tighten the crankshaft damper bolt an additional 90°.
- Install the accessory drive belt. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts, removal & installation.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the front wheels.