Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the air fuel ratio sensor connector and secondary heated oxygen sensor connector
- Remove the 3-way catalytic converter.
- Remove the under-cowl cover, then remove the strut brace.
- Remove the rocker arm oil control solenoid.
- Remove the cover and exhaust manifold bracket.
- Remove the exhaust manifold.
- Install the exhaust manifold with a new gasket.
- Tighten the bolts and nuts in a crisscross pattern in 3 steps, beginning with the inner nut. Torque specification: 33 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
Install the other parts in the reverse order of removal and torque according to the illustration.