Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the subframe. Refer to Engine Assembly, removal & installation.
- Remove the torque converter cover.
- Remove the bolts securing the oil pan.
- Using a flat blade screwdriver, separate the oil pan from the block in the places shown.
Remove the oil pan.
- Remove all of the old liquid gasket from the oil pan mating surfaces, bolts, and bolt holes.
- Clean and dry the oil pan mating surfaces.
Apply liquid gasket (P/N 08717-0004, 08718-0001, 08718-0003, or 08718-0009) to the engine block mating surface of the oil pan and to the inside edge of the bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
Apply a bead of liquid gasket about 0.12 inch (3mm) in diameter along the broken line (A), as illustrated.
- Install the oil pan.
Tighten the oil pan bolts in 3 steps. In the final step, tighten all bolts, in sequence, to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
NOTEWipe off the excess liquid gasket on each side of crankshaft pulley and drive plate.
Wait at least 30 minutes to allow the liquid gasket to cure before filling the engine with oil
Install the torque converter cover. Tighten to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the lower torque rod bracket.
- Using the subframe adapter and a jack, raise the subframe up to the body. Refer to Engine Assembly, removal & installation.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the upper torque rod mounting bolt to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).
- Install the Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) filter.
- Install the bolts securing the left steering gearbox mounting bracket.
- Install the bolts securing the right steering gearbox mounting bracket.
- Install the Power Steering (P/S) fluid line bracket and secure the hose with the hose clamps.
- Install the propeller shaft.
- Install a new set ring on the end of each driveshaft, then install the driveshafts. Make sure each ring clicks into place in the differential and intermediate shaft.
- Connect the lower arms to the knuckles.
- Connect the stabilizer links to the stabilizer bar.
- Install the shift cable.
- Install the 3-way catalytic converter. Use new gaskets and new self-locking nuts. Connect the air fuel ratio sensor connector and secondary heated oxygen sensor connector.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the front wheels.
- Check the wheel alignment.