Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Disconnect the lower ball joint from the lower control arm. Refer to Lower Ball Joint, removal & installation.
- Remove the lower arm mounting bolt (A).
Remove the lower arm mounting bolts (B), then remove the lower arm (C) from the front suspension subframe (D).
- Install the lower arm in the reverse order of removal.
Install a new lower control arm mounting bolts and tighten to:
- Bolt 14 x 1.5mm: 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
Bolts 12 x 1.25mm: 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).
NOTEInstall all the components, and lightly tighten the bolts and nuts, then raise the suspension to load it with the vehicle's weight before fully tightening to the specified torque values.
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.