The fuel filter should be replaced whenever the fuel pressure drops below the specified value (47-54 psi), after making sure that the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator are functioning properly.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel pressure. Refer to Relieving Fuel System Pressure.
- Remove the fuel pump unit. Refer to Fuel Pump, removal & installation.
- Remove the fuel filter set (A).
Check these items before installing the fuel pump tank unit:
- When connecting the wire harness, make sure the connection is secure and the connectors (B) are firmly locked into place.
- When installing the fuel gauge sending unit (C), make sure the connection is secure and the connector is firmly locked into place. Be careful not to bend or twist it excessively.
Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with new O-rings (D).
NOTECoat the O-rings with clean engine oil.
Install the fuel pump tank unit.