Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel pressure. Refer to Relieving Fuel System Pressure.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Disconnect the connectors from the injectors.
- Remove the ground cable bolt.
- Disconnect the quick-connect fitting.
- Remove the fuel rail mounting nuts from the fuel rail.
- Remove the injector clips from the injectors.
- Remove the injectors from the fuel rail.
- Coat the new O-rings (A) with clean engine oil and insert the injectors (B) into the fuel rail (C).
- Install the injector clips (D).
- Coat the injector O-rings (E) with clean engine oil.
- Install the fuel rail and the injectors in the injector base (F).
- Install the fuel rail mounting nuts (G) and tighten to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the ground cable and bolt.
- Connect the injector connectors.
- Connect the quick-connect fitting.
- Turn the ignition switch to ON , but do not operate the starter. After the fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds, the fuel rail will be pressurized. Repeat this 2-3 times, then check for fuel leakage.
Reinstall the engine cover.