Removal & Installation
Do not insert your fingers into the installed throttle body when you turn the ignition switch to ON or while the ignition switch is ON . Serious injury may result if the throttle valve is activated.
If replacing or cleaning the throttle body, start at step 2. If removing the throttle body, start at step 5.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Connect the Honda Diagnostics System (HDS) to the Data Link Connector (DLC) while the engine is stopped.
- Select the INSPECTION MENU on the HDS.
- Perform the TP POSITION CHECK in the ETCS TEST.
- Turn the ignition switch to LOCK.
- Remove the air intake duct (A).
- Disconnect the throttle body connector (B).
- Disconnect the water bypass hoses (C) and plug them.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose (D).
- Remove the throttle body (E).
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install a new throttle body gasket (F) and tighten the retaining bolts and nuts to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Refill the radiator with the proper type and amount of engine coolant.
Perform the PCM idle learn procedure. Refer to Engine Assembly, removal & installation.