Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTESupplemental Restraint System (SRS) components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations and precautions and procedures before doing repairs or servicing.
- Make sure the anti-theft codes for the audio system and navigation system (if equipped) are available.
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), disarming the system.
- Remove the dashboard lower cover.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Disconnect the 12P connector (A) from the turn signal combination light switch (B).
- Remove the 2 screws, then slide out the combination light switch.
Inspect the connector terminals to be sure they are all making good contact.
- If the terminals are bent, loose, or corroded, repair them as necessary, and recheck the system.
- If the terminals look OK, check for continuity between the terminals in each switch position according to the tables.
- If the continuity is not as specified, replace the switch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Enable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), arming the system.