Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Record the radio anti-theft code data and any radio station presets that would be reprogrammed later.
Disable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), disarming the system.
CAUTIONWait for 3 minutes after disconnecting the negative battery cable before working inside the vehicle. The air bag system is set to deploy for a short period of time after the battery is disconnected.
Be sure the front tires are in the straight ahead position.
NOTEHave an assistant help when removing and installing the dashboard/instrument panel. Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set (SOJATP2014) to avoid damage when prying components. Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Center upper dashboard panel
- On the driver-s side: remove the screws, then remove the GPS antenna, then pull the antenna out through the hole in the dashboard.
- In the center, detach the wire harness clips from the shift lever panel opening.
- From the back of the dashboard, disconnect the tweeter connectors, then detach the wire harness clips.
- On the passenger-s side, carefully pry the glove box light from the inside of the dashboard, and detach the wire harness clips.
- From the back of the dashboard, remove the screws and the center joint duct.
- From the front of the dashboard, remove the screws.
Carefully remove the dashboard/instrument panel from the vehicle.
- Assemble the dashboard and the steering hanger beam in the reverse order of removal.
- Make sure the dashboard wire harness is not pinched.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly.
- Connect the negative battery cable and test for proper operation of components.