- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Center the steering wheel and lock it in position.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Lower the unit so the pinion shaft points outward. Remove the pinion shaft grommet. The steering gear is removed through the driver-s side.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten the mounting bracket and side flange bolts to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm).
- Tighten the supply line flare nut to 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm).
- Tighten the tie rod ball stud nuts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
Tighten the steering joint bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).