Honda CR-V 2007-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Place a suitable container under the vehicle.
- Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir.
- Remove the drive belt (A) from the pump pulley.
- Cover the auto-tensioner, alternator, and A/C compressor with several shop towels to protect them from spilled power steering fluid.
Disconnect the pump inlet hose (B) and pump outlet hose (C) from the pump (D), and plug them.
NOTETake care not to spill the fluid on the body or parts. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once. Do not turn the steering wheel with the pump removed.
- Remove the pump mounting bolts (E).
- Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent foreign material from entering the pump.
Remove the power steering pump.
Install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolts. Tighten the outlet hose bolts to 96 inch lbs. (11 Nm) and the power steering pump mounting bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
NOTEConnect the pump inlet hose and pump outlet hose onto new pump with a new O-ring (F).
- Connect the pump inlet hose and pump outlet hose.
- Install the drive belt (A).
Note these items during drive belt installation:
Make sure that the drive belt is properly positioned on the pulleys.
- Fill the power steering pump reservoir with the proper type and amount of fluid.
- Bleed the power steering system.