- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the drive belt auto-tensioner pulley.
- Remove the 6 bolts securing the water pump, then remove the water pump (A).
- Inspect and clean the O-ring groove and mating surface of the water passage.
- Install the water pump with new O-ring (B) and tighten the 6 bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Clean up any spilled engine coolant.
- Install the drive belt auto-tensioner pulley.
Refill the radiator with engine coolant and bleed the air from the cooling system while running the engine with the heater valve open.