Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Open the hood. Remove the caps, nuts (A), and the windshield wiper arms (B).
NOTECarefully remove the wiper arms so that they do not touch the hood.
- Remove the hood seal and cowl covers (C).
Disconnect the 5P connector (D) from the wiper motor.
- Remove the bolts and the under-cowl panel (A).
Remove the 4 bolts and wiper linkage assembly (B).
- Remove the nut (A) and separate the link (B) from the windshield wiper motor (C).
Disconnect the windshield wiper motor subharness (D), then remove the 3 bolts, and separate the windshield wiper linkage (E) from the wiper motor.
Plug in motor alone, turn the wiper/washer switch to (LO) or (HI) ON, then OFF to return the motor shaft to the park position.
NOTEDo not use the wiper/washer switch (INT) position in this step. If necessary, replace any damaged clips. Apply multipurpose grease to the moving parts.
- Install the wiper motor to the wiper linkage assembly.
Install the link to the wiper motor shaft, then align the mark (A) of the link and the mark (B) of the wiper linkage assembly.
- Before installing the wiper linkage assembly to the vehicle, make sure the mark (A) of the link and mark (B) of the linkage assembly are still aligned.
- After installation, adjust the wiper arms.