This test is performed when brake pedal application will not disconnect the speed control system.
- Check the brake light operation with maximum brake pedal effort of about 6 lbs. If more than about 6 lbs. is required, check brake actuation of brake light switch. Repair and/or replace as necessary.
- If brake lights do not work, check fuse, bulbs and switch. Repair and/or replace as necessary.
- If brake lights are working properly check for battery voltage at white/pink or pink/orange wire at 6-way electrical connector.
- Depress brake pedal until tail lamps light. Check voltage on dark green/white wire at 6-way electrical connector.
- Difference between the two voltage readings should not exceed 1.5 volts. If reading is higher, resistance in brake light circuit must be found and repaired.
- There should be no voltage present on dark green/white wire with brake lights off.
- Perform vacuum dump valve test.