- Remove the key from the ignition switch.
If equipped with a driver's side impact air bag:
- Move the driver's seat back as far as possible to gain access to the driver's side impact air bag yellow 2-way connector which is located under the driver's seat.
- Attach the yellow 2-way connector and insert the CPA pin to verify the connection is secure.
- Attach the passenger's side yellow 2-way connector located to the right of the steering column and insert the CPA pin to verify the connection is secure.
- Attach the yellow 2-way connector located at the base of the steering column and insert the CPA pin to verify the connection is secure. Install the driver's side instrument panel insulator.
- Install the AIR BAG fuse (also identified as SIR or SDM fuse) to the instrument panel fuse block.
- Staying well away from both air bags, turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Verify that the AIR BAG warning lamp flashes seven times and then stays off. If the AIR BAG warning lamp does not operate as described, an SIR Diagnostic System Check will be required at an authorized dealership. A scan tool is required to check out the SIR system.