- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the shift linkage from the transmission.
- Place the transmission in neutral by rotating the shift shaft clockwise 2 clicks.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEMatchmark the torque converter to flywheel orientation to ensure proper realignment.
Torque converter bolt close out plug
- Support the transmission with a suitable transmission jack.
- Remove the transmission mount.
- Remove the 3 lower transmission mounting bolts.
- Lower the rear of the transmission enough to gain access to the upper mounting bolts.
- Disconnect the engine wiring harness clips from the transmission mounting bolts.
- Remove the 3 upper transmission mounting bolts.
- Slide the transmission free from the engine dowels and lower the transmission from the vehicle.
- Raise the transmission into the vehicle and align the transmission on the engine dowels.
- Install the 3 lower transmission mounting bolts. Tighten as follows:
- Install the 3 upper transmission mounting bolts to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Engine wiring harness clips to the transmission mounting bolts
- Place the transmission in park by rotating the shift shaft fully counter clockwise.
- Connect the shift linkage to the transmission. Tighten the shift shaft nut to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the exhaust system.
- Check the transmission fluid level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Road test the vehicle for proper operation.