Removal & Installation
Remove the front door trim panel using the following procedure:
- Remove the screw(s) from the upper door trim panel.
- Remove the screws from the front door pull handle and remove the door handle trim bezel.
- Remove the front door trim panel using a trim clip tool to disengage the fasteners from the inner door panel.
Detach and reposition the power mirror switch and/or power window switch electrical connectors from the door trim panel, using the following as a guide.
- With the inside door handle bezel removed, remove the power door lock switch from the inside door handle bezel using a small flat-bladed tool to release the retainers. Detach the electrical connector from the power door lock switch.
- Remove the door trim panel from the vehicle.
- Remove the door speaker screws and remove the speakers. Detach the harness connector.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following.
- Verify correct radio operation before assembly.
- GM specifies that the front door trim panel retainers MUST be discarded and replaced with new trim panel retainers. Install the new trim panel retainers to the front door trim panel.
- Route the electrical connectors through the openings in the door trim panel and connect to the power mirror and/or power window switches, as equipped.
- Align the front door trim panel to the front door, guiding the front door handle through the trim panel. Install the upper edge of the door trim panel to the top edge of the inner door panel, firmly pressing down until the retainer clips are fully seated. Align the two locator pins on the door trim panel to the inner door panel. Install the door trim panel by firmly pressing the retainer clips until the flips are fully seated around the perimeter of the door panel.
- Remove the rear window (rear shelf) trim panel, using the following as a guide:
- Remove the rear seat cushion by pulling the tabs on the rear seat cushion retainers to release the rear seat cushion.
- Pull the cushion up and out of its retainers. Remove the rear seat back.
- On non-folding seats, remove the nuts from the seat retainer at the bottom of the rear seat back, grasp the rear seat back and swing upward to disengage the offsets on the upper frame bar from the hangers.
- On folding seats, remove the nuts from the seat retainer at the bottom of the rear seat back, fold the seat back cushions down, then remove the bolts from the rear seat latches and take the latches off the seat back. Fold the seat back up, reposition the seat belts and remove the seat back from the vehicle.
- Remove the rear quarter upper trim panel by first unbolting the seat belt retractor. Remove the coat hook from the rear upper trim panel by removing the plastic cover with a small flat-bladed tool to expose the coat hook screw. Then remove the rear quarter upper trim panel by disengaging the push-in retainers.
- Remove the push-in retainers from the front of the rear window (rear shelf) trim panel.
- From inside the trunk, remove the bulbs and holders from the rear High Mount Stop Lamp.
- Lift the rear shelf trim panel and remove the seat belts through the slots in the panel.
- Slide the rear shelf trim panel forward to disengage the integral hook from the retaining hole, then remove the panel from the vehicle.
- Disengage the speaker retaining tab. Remove the speaker alignment tabs from the opening in panel. The speaker may have bonded with the shelf metal. Carefully pry the housing away from the metal while holding the speaker retaining tab to remove the speaker.
- Detach the wiring harness from the speaker and remove the speaker from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal process. Make sure the speaker alignment tabs fit the openings in the window panel and that the harness connector is secure. Verify correct radio operation before assembly.
- Install the remainder of the trim panels using care to line up any alignment tabs. When install the rear seat belt retractors, make sure the anti-rotation tab is in the proper hole in the rear shelf. Torque the retractor bolt and the anchor bolt to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm). Make sure the seat belts are aligned with the notches in the rear seat cushion. When installing the rear seat cushion to the retainers, engage the right side first (longer tab) then the left side.