Adjust the sunroof window vertical height using the following procedure.
- The sunshade must be fully open and the window fully closed.
- Loosen the six screws and individually adjust the four corners of the window panel.
Adjust the front of the sunroof window to the following specifications:
- Buick and Pontiac: 1 / 32 (0.8mm) below the top surface of the roof panel and the rear 1 / 32 (0.8mm) above the top surface.
- Chevrolet and Oldsmobile: front of the window should be flush to 0.080 inch (2mm) below the roof surface and the rear of the window should be flush to 0.080 inch (2mm) above the roof surface.
- Buick and Pontiac: Tighten the screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Chevrolet and Oldsmobile: Tighten the screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
A power sunroof is an option on W-Body vehicles. It features a sliding window panel and a manually operated sunshade. The sunroof is electrically operated from a rocker switch located in the center of the windshield header area. To put the sunroof in the vent position, turn the ignition switch to the RUN position and press, then release the control switch rearward position. On Pontiac and Chevrolet vehicles, when the control switch rearward position is pressed and released with the window in the vent position, the window will slide back above the roof panel to the fully open position. On Buick and Oldsmobile vehicles, the window will retract downwards and slide rearward into the storage space between the roof panel and the headliner. Both vehicles are equipped with a wind deflector that extends just above the roof line when the window panel is in the open position. To close, hold the control switch in the forward position until the window completely closes, retracting the wind deflector and sealing against the roof opening flange. An express module at the front of the module causes the window panel to stop in the closed, vent, and fully open positions. An electrical harness is routed along the left portion of the windshield header and down the left windshield pillar.Removal & Installation
- Remove the headliner using the procedure found in this section.
- Cut the tie straps from the wiring harness.
- Detach the electrical connector, remove the actuator screws and separate the actuator from the sunroof assembly.
- Install the actuator to the sunroof and tighten the screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Attach and secure the electrical connector to the actuator. Use nylon wire tires to secure the harness, as required.
- Install the headliner using the procedures found in this section.