Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install the shock assembly into a spring compressor.
- Matchmark the locations of the upper control arm bracket and insulator to the coil spring.
- Compress the coil spring and remove the shock absorber upper retaining nut.
- Remove the shock absorber from the coil spring assembly.
- Remove the upper control arm bracket assembly, insulator and coil spring from the spring compressor.
- Install the coil spring, insulator, upper control arm bracket assembly, and shock absorber to the spring compressor aligning all marks made during disassembly.
- Compress the coil spring and install the shock absorber retaining nut. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Remove the coil spring compressor from the shock module assembly.
Install or connect the following:
Shock module assembly into the vehicle. Tighten the upper mounting bolts to 83 ft. lbs. (112 Nm).
The coil springs are part of the front strut assembly. Special spring compressor tools are required to remove the spring from the strut. Please refer to the Front Suspension Struts procedure for coil spring removal.