Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install the shock assembly into a spring compressor.
- Compress the coil spring and remove the shock absorber upper retaining nut.
- Remove the shock absorber from the shock module assembly.
- Install the shock absorber into the shock module assembly. Tighten the upper retaining nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Remove the shock module assembly from the spring compressor.
Install or connect the following:
Shock module assembly into the vehicle. Tighten the upper mounting bolts to 83 ft. lbs. (112 Nm).