- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the fuel injector sight shield.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Disconnect the quick-connect fittings at the fuel filter inlet.
- Using a primary and back-up wrench, remove the threaded fitting at the fuel filter outlet.
- Drain any remaining fuel into an approved gasoline container.
- Remove the fuel filter.
- Remove the fuel pipe O-ring.
- Discard the fuel filter into an approved container.
View of fuel filter CTS-CTS-V
- Remove the protective caps from the new fuel filter.
- Lubricate the new fuel pipe O-ring with clean engine oil.
- Install the fuel pipe O-ring.
- Slide the fuel filter into place.
- Connect the quick-connect fittings (3 and 4) to the inlet side of the filter.
- Connect the threaded fitting to the fuel filter outlet. Use a back-up wrench in order to prevent the fuel filter from turning.
- Tighten the fuel filter outlet fitting to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Ensure that the fuel tank filler cap is installed correctly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Perform the following procedure in order to inspect for leaks:
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF for 2 seconds.
- Install the fuel injector sight shield.
The DTS has no external fuel filter to be serviced.