Relieving fuel pressure with the use of a gauge as follows:
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to relieve the tank pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Install a Fuel Pressure Gauge to the fuel pressure fitting. Wrap a shop towel around the fitting while installing the gauge.
- Connect a bleed hose into an approved container and open the valve to bleed the system.
- Close the valve and disconnect the gauge.
- Drain any remaining fuel from the gauge into the approved container.
Relieving fuel pressure without the use of a gauge as follows:
- If the fuel system requires repair, prevent fuel spillage by removing the fuel pump fuse.
- Loosen the fuel fill cap in order to relieve the fuel tank vapor pressure.
- Remove the engine cover, if required.
- Remove the fuel rail service port cap.
- Wrap a shop towel around the fuel rail service port and using a small flat-bladed tool, depress (open) the fuel rail test port valve.
- Remove the shop towel from around the fuel rail service port, and place in an approved gasoline container.
- Install the fuel rail service port cap.
- Install the engine cover, if required.
- Tighten the fuel fill cap.