Removal & Installation
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Remove lower instrument panel bezel.
Disconnect the pushrod (3) at the clutch pedal.
- Disconnect hydraulic supply tube (6) at clutch master cylinder (4) by pulling retaining clip (5) then pulling out on tube. To completely drain clutch master cylinder and tubing, remove brake master cylinder cap band drain fluid into suitable container.
- Disconnect clutch master cylinder supply line (2) from brake master cylinder reservoir (1).
Cap off or collect fluid spillage from reservoir port.
CAUTIONUse care when removing clutch master cylinder from engine compartment. Aggressive handling can result in a damaged hydraulic tube and improper clutch release operation upon reassembly.
CAUTIONBrake fluid will damage painted surfaces. If brake fluid is spilled on any painted surfaces, wash it off immediately with water.
- Remove master cylinder assembly from mounting position by turning 1 / 4 turn and carefully work hydraulic pipe from out of left rail retainer and engine compartment.
- Install clutch master cylinder.
- Insert tube into master cylinder port and install retaining clip (5).
- Connect clutch master cylinder supply hose (2) to brake master cylinder reservoir (1).
- Verify that brake master cylinder reservoir is full and cap is off.
- Install clutch master cylinder body to clutch pedal and 1 / 4 turn to secure.
- Connect clutch master cylinder rod to clutch pedal pin. An audible -click- should be heard.
- Install lower instrument panel bezel.
- Connect battery negative cable.
- Install air cleaner assembly.
- Verify that brake master cylinder reservoir is full. Top off with DOT 3 brake fluid if necessary.
- Bleed clutch system.
- Actuate clutch pedal a minimum of fifteen times to allow any air ingested into the system to vent to the master cylinder reservoir. If residual air becomes trapped in the system, it is necessary to bleed the clutch hydraulic system.
- Verify proper clutch release system operation.