The following procedure can be used for removal and installation of either sensor.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the ECT sensor.
Install the ECT sensor as follows:
- Coolant adapter mounted: Make sure the ECT sensor is locked in place.
- Cylinder head mounted: Tighten the sensor to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Reconnect the ECT sensor electrical connector.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.