Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Matchmark the driveshaft and differential for alignment during reinstallation.
CAUTIONNever allow driveshaft to hang while connected to transfer case, rear differential module flanges or center bearings. If propeller shaft section is hung unsupported, damage may occur to joint, boot and/or center bearing from over-angulation. This may result in vibration/balance issues.
- Remove the rear driveshaft-to-rear axle retaining nuts.
- Remove the three bolts from the center support heat shield.
- Remove the heat shield.
- Remove the two center support mounting bolts.
Remove the driveshaft.
- Make sure transaxle is in Neutral (N) position.
- Obtain a helper if needed and lift driveshaft assembly into position. Install driveshaft spline into transfer case.
- Align marks on driveshaft with marks on rear axle flange. Slide driveshaft over studs on rear axle flange.
- Install the four retaining nuts.
- Raise the center support into position.
- Install center support bolts and tighten to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Install driveshaft nuts and tighten to 43 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Install heat shield nuts and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Check all fluid levels starting with transfer case.