Removal & Installation
Remove the under floor catalytic converter as follows:
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the muffler assembly.
- Disconnect the oxygen sensor electrical connectors.
- Remove the flange bolts, springs and spherical gasket.
- Remove the under floor catalytic converter.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the secondary thermostat.
- Remove the maniverter mounting bolts.
Remove the maniverter and gasket.
- Using a new flange gasket, install the maniverter to the engine. Tighten the mounting bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install the secondary thermostat.
Install the under floor catalytic converter as follows:
- Install the under floor catalytic converter and the isolator supports to the underbody.
- Position the spherical gasket with white side facing rear of vehicle, and install springs and tighten the bolts to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Install the muffler assembly.
- Working from the front of system; align each component to maintain position and proper clearance with underbody parts. Tighten all band clamps to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks.
- Check the exhaust system for contact with any of the body panels.