Removal & Installation
DaimlerChrysler does not manufacture any vehicles or replacement parts that contain asbestos. Aftermarket products may or may not contain asbestos. Refer to aftermarket product packaging for product information. Whether the product contains asbestos or not, dust and dirt can accumulate on manual clutch parts during normal use. Follow practices prescribed by appropriate regulations for the handling, processing and disposing of dust and debris
- Remove transaxle.
- Remove clutch pressure plate and disc.
- Remove eight (8) flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts and remove flywheel assembly.
- Clean the surfaces of the flywheel and pressure plate to make certain that all oil, grease, and rust have been removed.
- Install and torque the flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install clutch pressure plate and disc.
- Install transaxle assembly.