Removal & Installation
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the engine appearance cover.
Remove the air intake assembly.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail.
- Disconnect the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Remove the fuel rail. For additional information, refer to the following section, "Fuel Injectors, Removal & Installation.-
Disconnect the electrical connectors for:
Oil temperature sensor
- Position the wiring harness out of the way.
- Remove the throttle body support bracket.
- Disconnect the electronic throttle control electrical connector.
- Remove the wiring harness retainer from the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor electrical connector.
- Disconnect the vacuum lines from the intake manifold.
- Remove the upper radiator hose retaining bracket.
- Remove the intake manifold retaining bolts.
- Remove the intake manifold and gasket.
- Clean all of the gasket surfaces.
Using a new gasket, install the intake manifold bolts in sequence to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the upper radiator hose support bracket.
- Connect the vacuum lines to the intake manifold.
- Install the fuel rail assembly and tighten the mounting bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Connect the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Connect the fuel supply hose.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors previously removed.
- Install the air intake assembly.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Install the engine appearance cover.