The oil pump is integral to the balance shaft module. The oil pump cannot be disassembled for inspection
Removal & Installation
- Rotate the engine to put cylinder No. 1 at Top Dead Center (TDC).
- Remove the oil pan. For additional information, refer to the following section, "Oil Pan, Removal & Installation.-
- Matchmark the position of the timing chain to the crankshaft sprocket and the timing chain on the oil pump sprocket.
- Push the tensioner piston back into the tensioner body.
- With the piston held back, insert Special Tool 9703 Tensioner Pin into the tensioner body to hold the piston in the retracted position.
- Remove the balance shaft module (BSM) mounting bolts and discard the bolts.
- Lower the back of the BSM and remove the timing chain from the oil pump sprocket.
- Remove the BSM from the engine.
- Clean the BSM mounting holes with brake cleaner.
- If removed, position the timing chain over the sprocket, aligning the matchmarks.
- Align the matchmarks and install the chain over the oil pump sprocket.
- Pivot the BSM assembly upwards and position on the ladder frame.
- Using new bolts, install them first only finger tight. Then tighten as follows:
- Remove the tensioner pin.
- Install the oil pan.
- Refill the engine with oil to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.