Removal & Installation
- Remove the transaxle assembly.
- Remove the flexplate.
- Insert a suitable pry tool between the dust lip and metal case of the crankshaft seal. Angle the pry tool through the dust lip against the metal case and pry out the seal.
- Lightly coat Special Tool 9509 Seal Guide with clean engine oil. Place the seal guide on the crankshaft.
- Position a new rear seal over the seal guide. Ensure the lip of the seal is facing towards the crankcase during installation.
Drive the seal into the block using Special Tool 9706 Seal Driver and Handle C-4171. When the seal driver bottoms out against the block, the seal is installed.
- Install the flexplate. Tighten the new bolts to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the transaxle assembly.