- Remove the cylinder head cover.
Rotate the camshaft so the lobes are vertical.
- Check the clearance using feeler gauges.
- Repeat this procedure for all of the valve tappets and record the readings.
If the clearance was outside the required specification:
- Remove the camshaft. For additional information, refer to the following section, "Camshaft, Removal & Installation.-
- Depending on if the clearance was too large or too small, increase or decrease the tappet thickness by the necessary amount.
- Install the camshafts and verify the valve lash is correct.
- Install the cylinder head cover.