Diagnosis & Testing
Before beginning sunroof diagnostics verify that all other power accessories are in proper operating condition. Refer to Sunroof Diagnostic Chart for possible causes. If not, a common electrical problem may exist. Refer to Wiring Diagrams, in this publication for circuit, splice and component descriptions. Check the condition of the circuit protection (20 amp circuit breaker in the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)). Inspect all wiring connector pins for proper engagement and continuity. Check for battery voltage at the power sunroof drive motor, refer to Wiring Diagrams, for circuit information. Before beginning diagnosis for wind noise or water leaks, verify that the problem was not caused by releasing the control switch before the sunroof was fully closed. The sunroof module has a water-management system. If however, the sunroof glass is in a partial closed position, high pressure water may be forced beyond the water management system boundaries and onto the headlining.Removal & Installation
- Remove headliner.
Disconnect the electrical connector (1).
- Remove three motor assembly attaching screws (4) from bottom side of motor assembly (3) and remove motor assembly from the motor bracket.
- If sunroof was open when drive motor was removed, carefully move glass panel into closed position and remove glass panel.
Set lifter arm timing by manually sliding the mechanisms (1) in the track until timing holes in the trollies are aligned with the timing holes in the lifter arm cams (2) and insert pins (3) into the mechanisms to hold mechanisms in closed position.
Place motor (3) into position and install screws (4) attaching motor to bracket (2).
- Tighten the screws (4) to 3 N·m (26 in. lbs.).
- If sunroof glass panel was removed previously, remove the timing pins and install the sunroof glass panel.
- Partially install the headliner and connect the sunroof wiring electrical connectors.
- Temporarily install sunroof switch and perform the sunroof motor teach procedure.
- Test sunroof operation, adjust glass as necessary.
- Complete the headliner installation.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
Remove the courtesy/reading lamp lens (5).
- Insert a suitable flat bladed tool into the slot (6) in the courtesy/reading lamp assembly (2).
- Pivot the lens down and to the left to release the holding tab (4).
Using a suitable flat bladed tool, release the mounting tabs (5) from the sides of the sunroof control switch (4) and pull the switch down from the courtesy/reading lamp assembly (2).
Disconnect the electrical connector (3) from the sunroof control switch (4).
- Remove the switch from the vehicle.
Position the sunroof control switch (4) into the vehicle.
- Connect the sunroof control switch electrical connector (3).
Insert the sunroof control switch (4) into the courtesy/reading lamp assembly (2). Push up on the switch until it is securely held in place by the mounting tabs (5).
Insert the mounting tab (4) on the lamp lens (5) into the right side of the lamp assembly and pivot the lens up until it snaps securely in place.
- Connect the negative battery cable.