Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the engine skid plate, if equipped.
- Remove the rear engine mount.
- Remove the front engine mount through-bolt.
- Remove the fasteners that secure the power steering hose clamps to the front suspension crossmember.
At each of the stabilizer bar, hold the stabilizer bar link lower stud stationary and remove the nut securing the link to the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the bolts securing the stabilizer bar bushing retainers to the front suspension crossmember.
Remove the two stabilizer bushing retainers.
NOTEBefore removing the front suspension crossmember from the vehicle, the location of the crossmember must be marked on the body of the vehicle. If the front suspension crossmember is not reinstalled in exactly the same position, the preset wheel alignment settings will be lost.
- Matchmark the location of the front crossmember on the body near each mounting bolt.
- Support the front crossmember with a suitable jack.
- Remove the mounting bolts securing the crossmember to the body.
- Lower the crossmember until there is clearance to remove the stabilizer bar between the rear of the crossmember and the body.
- Install the stabilizer bar, link ends first, from the rear over top of the crossmember. Curve the ends of the bar over the steering gear.
- Slowly raise the crossmember into its mounted position using a suitable jack matching the crossmember to the marked locations on the body made during removal.
- Install the four mounting bolts (two each side) securing the front crossmember to the body and tighten the bolts to 140 ft. lbs. (190 Nm).
- Install the retainers over the stabilizer bar cushions and tighten the bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Attach the stabilizer bar link at each end of the stabilizer bar. Tighten the nuts to 43 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Install the fasteners securing the power steering hose routing clamps to the crossmember. Use a new push clip on the left and tighten the screw on the right to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the rear engine mount.
- Install the front engine mount through-bolt.
- Install the engine skid plate, if equipped.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the alignment as necessary.