Removal & Installation
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the air cleaner housing lid and disconnect the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor and make-up air hose.
- Remove the rear seat cushion.
- Remove the plastic access cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
Matchmark the orientation of the fuel pump module to the tank before removal.
Using Special Tool 9340 Spanner Wrench, remove the left side module lock ring.
Pull the fuel pump module up and out of the tank.
WARNINGThe fuel pump module will be filled fuel. Do not spill fuel inside the vehicle.
- Tip the fuel pump module to the side and pour any fuel back into the tank.
- Disconnect the internal line from the fuel pump module.
- Tip the module on its side again to drain any remaining fuel from the reservoir into the tank.
- Remove the fuel pump from the vehicle.
- Remove the seal from the tank opening and discard.
Place a new seal between the tank threads and the pump module opening.
- Connect the internal line to the fuel pump module
- Install the module into the fuel tank.
- Reposition the fuel pump module in the tank, aligning the matchmark made earlier.
- While holding the fuel pump in position, install the lock ring using Special Tool 9340 Spanner Wrench.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the plastic access cover.
- Install the rear seat cushion.
- Install the air cleaner housing lid and disconnect the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor and make-up air hose.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Pressurize the fuel system with a diagnostic scan tool and check for leaks.