Removal & Installation
- Remove air cleaner fresh air duct.
- Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable at battery,
- Remove upper and lower steering column shrouds,
- Remove steering column opening cover.
Remove the screw (2) that secures the right multi-function switch (1) to the mounting bracket integral to the right side of the clockspring (3) on the steering column.
- Slide the switch away from the clockspring far enough to disengage the slide tab on the bottom of the switch housing from the channel formation in the mounting bracket.
- Position the multi-function switch aside.
- Position steering column to the full down position.
- Position ignition key to the RUN position.
Remove screw (1) fastening the SKREEM/WCM (2) to the lock cylinder housing (3).
- Unhook the SKREEM/WCM (2) retainer fingers from the lock cylinder housing (3) and position the SKREEM/WCM (2) back on the lock cylinder housing (3).
Insert an appropriate tool into the slot (1) formed into the lock cylinder housing.
- Depress the key cylinder retaining tab.
- Pull key cylinder (3) and key (2) straight out of the lock cylinder housing as one unit.
- Place actuator in the lock cylinder housing to the RUN position (if not already there).
- Insert key into key cylinder and turn key cylinder to the RUN position.
- Align the retaining tab on the key cylinder with the slot in the top of the lock cylinder housing.
- Slide key cylinder into the lock cylinder housing until key cylinder retaining tab locks the cylinder into place.
- Rotate key back and forth (OFF to START), then remove and reinstall it, making sure key cylinder and lock cylinder housing operate properly.
- Slide the ring of SKREEM/WCM over lock cylinder housing and engage the retainer fingers in the recesses formed on the lock cylinder housing.
- Install screw fastening the SKREEM/WCM to lock cylinder housing. Tighten screw to 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm).
- Install and tighten the screw that secures the mounting tab on the back of the right multi-function switch to the mounting bracket on the clockspring.
- Install steering column opening cover,
- Install upper and lower steering column shrouds,
- Install air cleaner fresh air duct and connect negative battery cable at battery,
- Check operation of all steering column mounted components.