Removal & Installation
Remove the rear interior quarter panel trim as follows:
- Remove the rear quarter trim cargo loop retaining screw.
- Remove the subwoofer, if equipped.
- Remove the cargo floor.
- Remove the liftgate scuff plate.
- Remove the B-pillar lower trim.
- Remove the door sill scuff plate.
- Remove the upper C-pillar trim.
- Remove the rear quarter panel trim.
Remove the two nuts securing the strut assembly to the body bracket.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
Remove the lower strut assembly mounting bolt.
- Lower the strut assembly out of the body bracket and lift out over the rear suspension.
- Insert the lower end of the strut assembly down through the lower control arm from above, just enough to clear the body, then lift it into position in the body bracket.
- Install the mounting bolt at the lower control arm, but do not tighten.
- Install the rear wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the two upper mounting nuts to the strut assembly and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Install the rear quarter panel trim.
- Tighten the lower strut assembly mounting bolt to 73 ft. lbs. (99 Nm).