Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air intake assembly.
- Remove the starter mounting bolt.
- Disconnect the throttle body electrical connector.
- Remove the throttle body.
- Push the starter under the intake manifold.
- Tip the nose of the starter toward the cooling module.
- Pull the starter up and out of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the starter wiring.
- Connect the starter wiring. Tighten the battery cable nut to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the starter in the vehicle engine compartment and loosely place the starter into position.
- Install the throttle body and throttle body bracket.
- Install the starter mounting bolts and tighten to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Connect the throttle body electrical connector.
- Install the air intake assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.