Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
- Clean all dirt and debris from the sensor housing/sensor interface area.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor bolt.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor by pulling straight up from the rear axle housing.
- Install the wheel speed sensor to the rear axle housing and tighten the bolt to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Connect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
- Lower vehicle.
- Reconnect negative battery cable.
The rear wheel speed sensor reluctor ring is located in the differential carrier.