Removal & Installation
- Remove the engine sight shields, if equipped.
Remove the fuel rail assembly.
NOTEAccess to the MAP sensor is limited, but does not require the removal of the intake manifold.
- Remove the PCV heat exchange cable fastener.
- Remove the PCV hose from the throttle body and right bank port.
- Release the PCV hose assembly from the mounting brackets.
- Move the PCV hose assembly aside.
- Disconnect the MAP sensor harness connector.
- Pull the MAP sensor forward in order to release the sensor from the retainer.
- Lift the MAP sensor upward.
- Inspect the MAP sensor seal for damage. Replace the seal if necessary.
- Lightly coat the MAP sensor seal with clean engine oil before installing the sensor.
- Install the MAP sensor. Push down the sensor in order to engage the sensor into the retainer.
- Connect the MAP sensor harness connector.
- Position the PCV hose assembly for reassembly.
- Insert the PCV hose assembly to the mounting brackets.
- Install the PCV hose to the right bank port and throttle body.
- Install the PCV heat exchange cable fastener. Tighten the PCV heat exchange cable fastener to 12 Nm (106 inch lbs.).
- Install the fuel rail.
Install the engine sight shields.
|A||Tan or ORN/BLK||407 or 469||Low Reference|
|B||LT GRN||432||MAP Sensor Signal|
|C||GRY||416 or 2704||5V Reference B|
5.7L V8 Engine MAP Sensor Connector Pinout